This week we collected our photobook of the Dancing Dingo Project undertaken by Cass & Jay last year (read about it on our Collaborations pages). I created the book online using images from the project and text written by Cass about the project, using the software template provided.
I must say that we are so pleased with the outcome. It's the first photobook we have made and are planning more, even though it is a relatively expensive process for just one book, well worth it, we think. What a great way to mark a project and have a record of it for the future, and, in this case, for our Son to keep. Here are some images of some of the pages in the book...
(Click on an image to see larger version)
It has been great to finally get our hands dirty and covered in clay again - and we are both so much happier. We have finished the study unit 'Research Methods for Arts & Social Sciences' and are now breathing a huge sigh of relief (just now waiting on results). It was a very intense 14 weeks and so glad it's now over and that we can actually get back into creating artworks for the end of year show. Cass is making a large installation which will combine her Spirit Figures and Story Dogs in one artwork - it will be very exciting to see them both together in one installation and definitely something to look forward to!
We are now ramping up our making efforts to create works for our 'Trading Place' exhibition. The premier of this project will take place in September at the Arid Festival in Port Augusta. We intend to make 100 artworks between us, all miniatures (which is a challenge for two people who like to work large) to take over to Port Augusta for trade. I have been busily making more miniature landscapes and find that it is something I really enjoy. So far I have used three different types of clay, all white varieties, as they take the underglaze decoration much better. I have just bought a pug of Traditional Porcelain to create some more and am interested to see how these ones will turn out.