Break out of the mold
Well I finally finished my mold making sessions in the studio and now I have 4 x three-piece molds for miniature caravans, an alphabet press mold, 2 sea creature/shell molds and a few different banksia molds.
The banksia was a little bit challenging, due to the nature of using the natural object to make the mold from, but I hope it will look awesome when I pour a few banksias from them!
The teacup, however, was a bust and I have to redo it - lesson learned, do not play with plaster before it has hardened properly!
Mixing pouring Slip
I found an old bucket of porcelain slip that I had in the shed which I thought I could use to start my pour process - wrong!
It had been stored for about two years (possibly longer...?) so I think I can safely assume that it is a little too old to use - darn!
I was hoping not to have to mix up more pouring slip, but I think I am going to have to. Alternatively I could just buy some pre-mixed slip which would quicken my process and get me started much more faster - so I might even go down this road to get me started off and then mix up a batch later... we'll see...
Hopefully this week I will get a chance to pour some of these little treasures and have a few images to show next week - Yay!
As I said in an earlier post, this is the process I enjoy the most, pouring the objects and seeing all the little duplicates emerge from their molds, fun, fun, fun.
Please check out the other muddy studios on Sunday Ceramics.
Until next week, keep creating....
One half of the Earth Fire Spirit Team, I have an obsession with transport & homes including caravans, mobile homes, temporary dwellings, etc ... and a passion for all Art!